Senior Technical Artist
Senior Technical Artist
Contract/For Hire: Full-time
NUKKLEAR is an independent game development studio based in Hannover with team members working remote from all around the world. We are looking for our next full-time Senior Technical Artist, to join the team and work on an unannounced AAA title.
As a Senior Technical Artist at Nukklear, your day-to-day tasks involve working on pipelines and optimization, and interact closely with Art and Programming to get the project moved into the right direction.
- Problem solving and creative thinking
- Great communication and time management
- Experience of working on published titles on consoles.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Demonstrable ability with Python / LUA Scripting and Blueprint creation in Unreal
- Demonstrable Programming knowledge in C++
- Passion for driving visuals with experience creating Shaders in a PBR material workflow.
- Exposure to a range of techniques for specializing 3D packages, such as DECALmachine.
- Integration of 3D assets into the game engine (Unreal)
- Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D assets
- Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Be a team player, be ready to accept and discuss all feedback
- Already having shipped at least two titles as a Senior Technical Artist
- 5 Years of Technical Artist position experience
- The ability to work with technical restrictions related to real-time engines like Unreal Engine
- The ability to work in a self-organized way, with curiosity and innovative thinking, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a decentralized, international team.
- Experience in game development processes
- Great collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Self-reliance, self-motivation, good communication skills, and team-player attitude
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Profound experience working in the game industry
- Work experience as a Senior Technical Artist in an AAA environment
- Animation/ Rigging skills (Blender/Unreal)
- Experience with PhysX/ Chaos – Physics
- Experience with simple effects and particle systems
- Knowledge about Lighting /Realtime Raytracing
International applications are welcome, but a working permit for Germany or Europe is a
Please send your complete application documents including work samples, your portfolio,
CV, your earliest start date and your salary expectation.